All About the BOB!
With Spring in full bloom, what’s a better way to freshen up your look for this season then by shortening your hair a few inches for a bob! If you’re thinking about getting this haircut, here’s a little Q+A we did with Anh that touches on a few things to consider before you commit to this haircut!
What advice do you give someone who is wanting to cut their hair into a short modern bob?
- The number one thing to keep in mind is your lifestyle. For example, how much time are you willing to spend styling and maintaining your hair on a daily basis? Bobs can sometimes require a bit more upkeep, especially if your hair is thicker or curlier since you’ll have to style it more.
- Your face shape can also play a role in how short or long your bob will be, but this is more of a general length guideline as you can go however long or short you’re comfortable with! If someone’s face shape is more of an oval, then that person can go for a bob that’s either longer or shorter. For someone who has a square face shape, Anh recommends keeping the bob a bit longer in length to soften the face. The same thing applies for someone who also has a rounder face.
What styling tips do you have for someone with a bob?
- If you live an on-the-go lifestyle, use Milbon’s Wave Defining Cream 1 for a quick wash & go look. If you have a bit more time, you can prep the hair with Milbon’s Humidity Blocking Oil and flat iron the hair straight for a sleek look. You can also style your bob with some barrettes or even a chic headband for a touch of personality!
What products would you recommend for someone with a bob?
- Anh always recommends Milbon’s Wave Enhancing Mousse 4 for curly and wavy hair types who are interested in enhancing their curls or waves. One look that’s been very popular recently is the slicked back “wet” look! So, if you’re interested in recreating the sought after look on your own, then Anh recommends using Milbon’s Wet Shine Gel 5.
- For those who are a bit more minimal when it comes to styling their hair, be sure to incorporate Milbon’s Texturizing Sea Mist 3 into your hair routine, especially if you’re looking to get some natural texture in. Lastly, you can use Milbon’s newest product which is the Satin Texturizing Cream 3. This product is great for polishing and adding separation to the hair as well.